Top 5 Summer Activities for Families in Kansas City, MO:
1. Go berry picking! Earlier this summer we went strawberry picking, and throughout the summer - you can pick tons of different kinds of fruits and veggies (whatever is in season) at Gieringers Orchard, and it was a blast. They have blackberries now, and coming soon Tomatoes and Sweet Corn! You can also check out The Berry Patch for blueberries!
2. Family Picnic! Two of my favorite places to have a picnic with my family: on the Nelson Atkins Lawn and Loose Park! Both include LOTS of shade, and other things to do before/after eating! ;)
3. Play at Antioch Park! We love this park for it's walking trails, ponds (with ducks!), unique playground equipment and the little town that my kids love. So much to do for a full afternoon - or leaves lots more to explore for another time!
4. Kansas City Farmer's Market - it's the best of the best! We love it for getting great produce (for super cheap prices), shopping/supporting local, the flea market they have going on concurrently and the fun kid-friendly touches (like the train rides!). Since getting the Street Car, we are excited to take the kids back - but park at Union Station, and ride the Street Car into the Farmer's Market for extra fun (and less parking hassle!).
5. Bike Ride to a Food Truck. Or just bike ride, or just eat at a food truck, but we loved the combo when we tracked a favorite one near our neighborhood a few summer's ago and had a great time biking there (and we need to do this again!). Find out where all the Food Trucks in the KC area are via KC Food Truck Mafia or follow Roaming Hunger on Twitter.