One of my favorite gifts to give to those that live in Kansas City and those that live elsewhere are artifacts and unique pieces made right here in my home town. When you shop local, there is always a special spin to your gift, no matter what!
I've rounded up 7 of my favorite Kansas City gift ideas for anyone on your list:
1. A Kansa City Wellness Gift card for BBL (BroadBand Light) treatments, hair treatments, fillers, microneedling, or some of the other services from the comprehensive anti-aging and aesthetic center. I know there are several wellness centers in the KC area - but this one is founded by Dr. Amy Carter, DO, is a board-certified obstetrician and gynecologist in private practice, who delivered both of my babies and is the best OB/GYN in the area!
2. Kansas City has no shortage of amazing jewlry by local artisans. I'm particularly always going back to Janesko and Nickel & Suede for earrings (but they have so much more, too!). I actually have a these gold Janesko studs on my own Xmas wish list after I lost my own pair. These don't tarnish or make my earlopes react poorly. They are my go-to.
3. Just the newest brilliance by the Ampersand Studio ladies. These bright stars of Kansas City create the most colorful gift wrap, party, stationary and more supplies - and adorable fashion that leaves you even more excited to support KC. This Kansas City shirt has the perfect amount of retro for any girl or guy on your list.
4. Even something sweet for the little ladies on your list! You guys have to do some of your shopping from Hazel & Ollie, a shop of hand made modern goods for cool kiddos (and grown ups, too!). You can see Nora's fun jewelry and both Liam & Nora's personalized clothing from the shop here!
5. Chances are you have probably heard of Trapp candles, but you might not realize this is a local KC brand and shop! They certainly are some of the most beautifully smelling scents you could ever possabliy get!
6. Try getting someone SUPER unique this year - a gift that keeps on giving all year around. Is it a stool, a shelf or a piece of art? How about all of the above. This stool/shelf by flotsmist is a beautiful hard working piece, doing way more than just one thing - just the way I like it! It comes in white, too!
7. Mmmmm.... can you smell that? This might just be the perfect gift for that hard to buy for dude on your list! Try the KC Signature Gift Boxed Steak Combo which includesBoneless Ribeye Steaks, Super-Trimme Filet Mignon and Kansas City Strip Steaks. For something a little smaller, try getting a customized amount of Super-Trimme Filet Mignon, the most popular steak and hand selected from premium corn-fed Kansas beef!