What you'll need to make light veggie (or just add chicken if you want some meat) fettuccine:
- 8-12 oz of Pasta Noodles: Fettuccine or Linguine (the noodles, not the mouse) - I used whole wheat
- Veggies of choice - I used asparagus and green bell peppers - all chopped up (I had about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cup Low fat cream cheese - I used Philadelphia
- 1 (or even a half of a) lemon
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
1. Boil the pasta noodles with the asparagus (optional, but a good little trick a friend told me about)
2. While pasta is cooking, in a sauce pan melt the light cream cheese and mix it with the olive oil and the juice from half of a squeezed lemon.
3. Drain the water from the noodles and Asparagus, then put back into the pan it cooked in and keep warm on low. Add in any other veggies (here I added in green peppers because they didn't need to cook as much as the asparagus).
4. Once the sauce is melted, pour over noodles and veggies and toss to get a good coverage.
Includes lemon zest on top - for fun. :)