I can't believe how fast February flew by - woosh! And now it's about to be March, and I'm not quit ready for it! March is a busy travel month for me - all work related. So I thought I would show you some work travel outfits that have really worked out well for me.
I always struggle packing for any trip - without taking my whole closet - but especially work trips. Here are a few tips:
1. Pick a color scheme so you can mix and match without having to pack a ton. I typically wear more neutrals when I travel - specifically black and white, and lately green has been my main color of choice. It really goes with so much!
2. Pick your comfiest shoes that you've worn several times before (no time to be breaking in your new shoes). I never know how long I'll be on my feet or how far I'll be walking, so I stick to my work-appropriate flats that look good with pants and dresses/skirts (like these!). I have about two pairs of heels I will bring for fancier work events or nights if I have room (these are my current fav).
3. Always bring workout clothes. Even if you don't think you'll have time - you either might find time, or you can change into them to wear them on the plane home (so much more comfy!). I also double up my workout clothes as jammies to save space in my luggage/carry on.
4. Design outfits around layers - you can wear the same jackets or sweater cardigans over lighter pieces that are easier to pack. Plus, you never really know how hot/cold the buildings will be. One meeting, I'm in short sleeves, then another, I have my jacket on!
5. Keep your accessories light. Mostly, this just saves time and energy - as packing all your jewelry in an organized way so nothing gets tangled usually takes up most room than its worth. I wear my favorite studs, necklace and ring while I travel and the rest of the trip. If my travels are for a fancier event, I might pack ONE statement piece.