My staircase needed some pizazz, so enter a bunch of different photo frames I had already, nails and a little muscle:
Putting up a bunch of different frames needs a little mapping out - although I'd have loved to just slap them up there - I'm sure they wouldn't have been even or balanced. So I gathered some tissue paper to map out where I was going to put the frames:
1. I first held up the tapped together tissue paper to the wall and traced the edges of the wall so I knew exactly what space I had to work with.
2. Then laid it on the ground to play with the frames.
3. Once I liked how the frames were clustered, I traced them.
4. Then I took a picture (so I could look back and remember how I liked them)
5. I set aside the frames and lightly tapped the paper to the wall:
6. I hammered the nails right on top of the tissue paper, lining them up with my tracings. I did make a few tweaks after I double checked position with a level and measuring.
7. After all the nails were in, I carefully pulled off the tissue paper and then hung the frames!
The end result: