A friend of mine found this glorious recipe from For the Love of Cooking and shared it with me. I made a few tweaks (as noted below) and made Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins. I'm eating one right now...
What you will need:
- 1 3/4 cup flour (I used Wheat Flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (I used sea salt)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar (I used baking Splenda, next time I want to try it with Agave)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (I used baking Brown Sugar Splenda)
- 1 egg (I used egg beaters)
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt (I used Greek yogurt - make sure to use yogurt without High Fructose Corn Syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large, very ripe bananas (my bananas weren't overly ripe, just mushed them a little harder)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (next time I want to try with dark chocolate chips/pieces)
In a separate bowl or mixing bowl, mix the wet ingredients together (eggs to mushed up bananas). Mix mix mix. If using a mixer, mix on high to really whip it and get it smooth.
Get the bowl of the dry ingredients and pour slowly into the mixer of we stuff and mix on slow while pouring.
Dump in the chocolate chips and fold them into the dough.
Fill up the muffin cups about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way full and plop into the oven:
Bake for 20-22 minutes. They should be golden brown, but if using wheat flour, they'll be a little darker.
Cool and then enjoy!