To accept, I'm to share 7 random things about me. So here goes nothing...
1. I love sweet white wine. I love any wine, really, but my favorite is the kind you drink as a newbie. I love it. My current favorite even comes in a box.
Target's Wide Cubes
And to give myself a little credit - this wine, along with some of the other kinds, are award winning! Learn more here.
2. I swam competitively for 15 years!
I miss it sometimes. It is hard to keep it up. You can't just go outside and swim, like jogging. Not every gym has a pool. In the winter, it takes a lot more will to get into a swim suit and into a cold pool. In the summer I try to get back into it by going to pools for the day that have a lap lane. Swimming before laying out.
3. I've always lived in the mid west (MO and KS) and don't want to change that! I love to travel and it's easy to do so from here and most of my family lives here. I love it!
4. The one beauty product I can't live without: Mascara! I love it. See review here.
5. I love to paint!! But lately, with the new house, it's taken a backseat...
6. I love organizing and for things to be organized. Not that you can tell much in our current house - it's still a bit scattered. We've been here 3 months now, so sadly, "we just moved in" isn't an excuse anymore! I just need to start with one room at a time!
7. My favorite thing to wear is a dress. A good fitting dress is the easiest thing to dress up or down.
He knows how much I love Twilight, and games for that matter! :) And what perfect timing - we had a bit of fun with this. "Max Plank" won. Then we ran some of the games, and each took the quiz, "What Cullen Would You Be?" One got Rosalie (which she is the complete opposite), 2 got Alice, and I got EDWARD! haha. For kicks, we did hubs - he got Edward, too! Is that weird we both got Ed?
Anyways - a fun game that I will sure bring out for other girl gatherings to come!
Slowly, but surely, I'm sharing with you some of my favorite (or shareable) gifts I got for Christmas. The Kate Spade Earrings was the first shared Xmas present, now onto the second.
I got the Best Cook Book ever. And I have a lot of cook books, so this means something! I first mentioned this cook book back here. Quick Cook is not only pretty, but has pictures, easy, but different and unique recipes, and separated by 'Foods Everyday' by meats/vegetarian and Special Occasion Foods. I flipped through this book the whole way home from Omaha to KC and whipped something up from this for my dinner with my girl friends.
I made Sweet Potato Butter Bean Stew:
My girlfriends and I had a salad at the side of this dish and wine, lots of wine. We were too busy gabbing and feasting for me to remember to take a picture of the finished product, but I promise, it actually looked like the picture! Here are the left overs...
It was really good, healthy and easy to make. I can't wait to eat the left overs for lunch tomorrow!
Try this recipe yourself, I found it here. Let me know how you liked it, I'm pretty much obsessed.
I can't wait to try the many other fun, easy and healthy recipes in this book.
Hope you all had a great Christmas! Mine is still going! We were with my husband's side of the family in snowy Omaha over the actual holiday. We came home to snowy Kansas yesterday. Celebrated with some of my best friends last night and meeting up with my family today and this evening for our last round of holiday fun!
One of my gifts I received this season (so far): a darling set of Kate Spade earrings, the Bourgeois Gift Bow Stud Earrings:
Sold out a lot of places, but be able to find there here.
I love Kate Spade's jewelry this season - and at Nordy's some pieces are on sale! I'm loving...